Banana is a superfood and powerhouse of nutrition. It is like one solution to all problems. How? There is nothing new to discuss regarding the health benefits of bananas. But, did you know bananas work for hair smoothing and promote hair growth?
It’s really a wonder how a simple kitchen ingredient can boon your skin and hair. Even the hair saloons used to apply banana packs for hair smoothening.
In this article, I’ve shared how to use the banana extract for hair care. So, keep reading to figure out Is banana extract is good for hair or not.
What are the benefits of banana extract
Banana extract is a great source of potassium and magnesium. It also contains antioxidant ingredients that help to remove black spots, dark circles, wrinkles, and fine lines. You’ll look younger than your age with the regular usage of banana extract. It also boosts your hair growth and helps you to get healthy and shiny hair.
Banana extract and its benefits for hair
Moisturize the scalp
Banana is rich in Vitamin B, Amino acid, and natural oil. So, hair products from the banana extract help moisturize the scalp. You can add a banana extract pack to your weekly hair care routine to hydrate and nourish your hair.
If you are stressed with an itchy scalp and dandruff, regular usage of the banana extract can help you out. It will soothe your scalp and get rid of dandruff.
Give hair protection from damage
Split end and hair breakage is the most common scenario for long hair. Mainly if you use excessive chemical products on hair, like hair color or straightening, it can cause damage to your hair. Here, a banana extract pack could be a savior for your hair.
Bananas help to produce collagen. This protein gives bounce and smoothes your hair. Bananas work as a natural hair conditioner. The banana extract is used in most hair products, like conditioners. It provides shine and says bye to frizzy hair.
Boosts hair growth
Banana contains antioxidants, protein, vitamins, and other nutritional elements. If you are suffering from hair loss and desperately searching for a remedy, a banana hair pack could be a good option.
Two types of banana extract available on the market
As a hair care product banana extract is in high demand in the market. There are so many varieties of banana extract available. But mostly it is found in two forms.
Banana puree extract which is made of a fine paste of raw banana is especially favored by beauty-conscious people.
Banana puree extract is extremely safe like an actual banana puree. It contains all the nutrients of a real banana. It helps to moisturize dry scalp and nourish your hair.
Banana powder is another kind of banana extract that is available. This kind of banana extract is formulated in dry form. Access water needs to be extracted in this process. It is also equally effective as a banana puree for fastening hair growth.
How to use banana extract for hair care
Banana extract is beneficial for your regular hair care. You should try to use banana extract at least once a week to get healthy and strong hair. It’s not that hard to include banana extract in your regular hair routine. You can follow these tips in this regard.
- Firstly, choose the best quality banana extract without any preservatives or synthetic additives.
- Directly apply the extract to your scalp.
- Then wash it with your regular shampoo. It will help to reach into the follicles and your hair will look healthier after the wash.
- You can also apply it before bedtime and leave it overnight.
- If you have no time to apply it and wait for hours. You can mix a few drops of banana extract with your regular shampoo and conditioner. It will instantly nourish your hair.
DIY banana hair mask
If you are too picky to determine the banana extract hair product from the market, you can simply prepare your own hair mask.
You follow the recipes below to make the banana hair mask
Banana & Egg hair mask
This simple hair mask will boost your hair growth and give a shine to your hair.
- One or two ripe bananas (It will depend on your hair length)
- One egg
How to make it
- Peel a banana and mash it until it makes a smooth paste.
- Add an egg with the paste
- Mix it until it comes to your desired consistency.
It’s time to apply it
- Apply the mask to your hair, especially to the scalp and split ends.
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- Finally, wash the mask with lukewarm water.
Banana & coconut hair mask
It will work like magic for dry and rough hair. It will smoothen your hair and lock the moisture of your hair.
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil at room temperature.
- 1 or 2 ripe bananas depending on your hair length.
How to make it
- Peel the banana and mash it until it makes a smooth paste.
- Mix the coconut oil and stir it to get a perfect consistency.
How to apply
- Apply the hair mask to your scalp.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with your shampoo and lukewarm water.
Banana booster hair mask
- 1 or 2 ripe banana.
- 1 or 2 ripe avocados.
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey.
- 1 egg.
How to make it
- Mix all the ingredients and blend them.
How to apply
- Apply the mask to your scalp.
- Wait for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
Potential side effects of using banana extract on hair
Of course, banana extract is good for your hair. But you need to be cautious while using it. Here are some possible side effects of banana extract.
- Excessive amounts of the banana extract can clog the pores. Frequent usage of the banana extract can cause severe scalp issues like seborrheic dermatitis.
- Combining with other ingredients can cause reactions.
- It can react to sensitive skin.
- Banana extract can cause severe side effects to people who have latex allergies. So, if banana does not suit your skin, you should avoid it.
Does banana improve hair growth?
Yes. It can. Banana contain potassium which increases hair growth and reduces hair breakage. Bananas are packed with natural oil, vitamins and different nutrients. It helps to fasten the hair growth.
What does banana do to the hair?
Banana is rich in antioxidants, healthy carbs, and natural oil. This one ingredient a complete package of all hair problems. It stops hair fall and improves hair growth. It also gives smooth, shiny and healthy hair.
How can I use banana for hair growth?
Yes. You can easily prepare a banana hair-boosting pack with two common ingredients. Mix a banana and two tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl. It’ll make an easy and effective pack for hair growth.
How Can I Wash A Banana Hair Mask?
You can wash your hair with lukewarm water. Then apply a gentle shampoo or cleanser. Then gently massage it on your scalp. Rinse it with water.
I hope you read the full blog and got the answer: Is banana extract good for hair or not?
Banana extract generally suits all types of skin. This yellow beast can bring an outcome after your first wash! This will not straighten your curly hair. However, Regular usage of banana extract will make your hair soft and reduce frizziness. I bet you’ll not take your hand off after washing your hair.