Are you opting to gain some weight but don’t know how to go about it in a healthy way? Well, you have come just to the right place, as today we will be sharing our 5 popular 1000-calorie recipes.
These tasty treats can be easily made at home and help you to achieve your personal weight goals. And the best part is that most of the ingredients needed for these recipes are probably in your kitchen right now.
So instead of wasting any more time, check out our 5 recipes and decide which ones will be easy and beneficial for you.
1000 Calorie Strawberry Shake for Weight Gain
It’s summer, and you are thirsty, sweaty, and drained after finishing your daily workout session. Now you need something that will escalate your energy levels so that you can carry on with your day. And that’s precisely why our 1000-calorie strawberry shake recipe is the best option for you, as it is easy to make and delicious to drink, helping you to restore your energy.
What Is The Ideal Time To Drink This Shake?
You can drink this shake for breakfast to help you start the day feeling energized with a positive vibe. Even if you think you may be late for work, you can always carry the shake and drink it at your convenience.
The shake is ideal for drinking before you head off to the gym, as you need all the stamina you have for the workout session. Or even if you think that you will be having a long tiring day at work, then put all the ingredients in your blender and make yourself a 1000-calorie strawberry shake to feel the adrenaline rush in your body.
Since you need to add protein powder to the drink, Scit will help you to recover from the intense workout and also promote muscle building if you have to undergo strenuous training.
Ingredients Needed For 1000 Calorie Strawberry Shake Recipe:
½ cup strawberries
1 cup oats
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 ½ cups almond milk
1 tablespoon honey
2 scoops protein powder
In order to maintain a whole 1000 calories for your shake, make sure you use the ingredients we have mentioned. Otherwise, any substitute that is no fat/low fat or has lower calories will mean that you won’t be getting sufficient calories.
Benefits Of Consuming 1000-Calories Strawberry Shake:
1.Strawberries are beneficial for your heart as they lower blood pressure, increase HDL, and also help to reduce cancer risks.
2. Bananas have many health benefits. The fruit is beneficial for keeping your stomach full for a long time and lowering your appetite. Bananas also help you to maintain stable blood sugar levels.
3. Oats are a grain that is filled with several nutrients that, include vitamins, minerals, carbs, antioxidant plant compounds, and fiber.
4. Peanut butter includes copper, that prevents heart disease and osteoporosis. The mineral also helps the blood vessels, bones, and immune system. The ingredient is filled with magnesium, vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, and niacin (B3).
5. Honey is combined with phenolic compounds and organic acids that provide antioxidants that help to improve vision, along with reducing risks of strokes, heart attacks, and certain types of cancer.
Best Way To Store Leftover Shake
If you plan to finish your shake on the same day, then you can store it in the refrigerator. But since the oats will expand and give your shake a thick texture, you must blend or stir in some extra milk to bring back the consistency before drinking it.
On the other hand, you always have the option of storing your shake in the freezer, which you can keep for a month. After drinking your thawed shake, if there is any leftover, you can make popsicles for later on.
½ cup frozen strawberries
1 cup oats
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups almond milk
2 tablespoon peanut butter
2 scoops protein powder vanilla or strawberry
Combine all the ingredients together in a blender and keep on blending until the mixture is smooth without any lumps. The shake should fill up a 450ml glass or drinking bottle.
If you don’t plan to store the shake in the fridge or freezer, drink it as soon as possible, as it will thicken and create an unpleasant taste and texture if not consumed on time.
Calories: 980 kcal
Potassium: 1044 mg
Saturated Fat: 4g
Vitamin A: 84IU
Vitamin C: 53 mg
Fat: 29g Carbohydrates: 118g
1000 Calorie Shake Without Using Protein Powder
If you want to make a high-calorie shake without the use of protein powder, then stay with us, as we will give you our 1000-calorie shake without protein powder recipe.
You will be amazed after learning how much protein you intake on a regular basis after looking at the nutrition facts of the ingredients we are about to mention.
Just because the shake does not contain protein powder, it doesn’t mean that we will be using all organic and natural ingredients. Trust me; this drink tastes just as good as any other 1000-calorie shake.
Ingredients For A Protein Powder-Free Shake
1.Plant Based Milk is usually used for shakes. And for my drink, I use 1 cup of soy milk, which includes 8 grams of protein and 131 calories. Pea milk can also be added to your shake as it contains 7 grams of protein and 100 calories, but you may have trouble finding it in your local supermarkets.
2. Bananas not only add carbohydrates and sugar to your shake, but by using a medium-sized banana, you are contributing 1.3 grams of protein and 105 calories to your drink.
3. Nut butter gives your shakes protein, calories, and also a smooth texture. Adding 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to your shake will give your drink 8 grams of protein and 188 calories.
By any chance, if you have an allergy, then feel free to use 2 tablespoons of sunflower seed butter instead of nut butter to your shake to get an extra 7 grams of protein.
4. Avocados contain 3 grams of protein and 240 calories
and it goes well with shakes because of its taste.
5. Oat is a filling ingredient that can be added to your morning shake to keep you away from hunger for a few hours. Whenever I make this shake, I add ½ cup of oats to feed my body protein and calories.
6. Tofu can be made at home by pressing condensed soy milk into firm blocks. Or you can use soya beans, lemon juice, and water to make it. The ingredient strengthens your bones, reduces the risk of diabetes and cancer, and also improves brain function.
The ingredient is filled with amino acids and nutrients that are important to keep you healthy and energized. A 3.5-ounce block of tofu contains 8 grams of protein and 76 calories.
Tofu is available in canned, jarred, freeze-dried, and dehydrated forms. If you want the healthier option, then you can always make it at home.
1000-calorie Shake Without Protein Powder Recipe
1 medium banana
½ cup oats
3.5 oz tofu
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 large avocado
2 tsp chia seeds
2 soaked walnuts
1 cup soy milk
Steps To Make A 1000-Calorie Shake Without Protein Powder
Step 1. Wash all the ingredients thoroughly, peel them, and then slice them into small pieces.
Step 2. Make sure you soak the walnuts for 30 minutes in water, after which you can see them for your shake.
Step 3. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix until you get your desired texture. If you feel that the consistency is too thick, pour some milk to make it runny.
Step 4. Voila! Your protein powder-free shake is ready for you to drink up
1000 Calorie Shake Without Protein Piwder
Total Time:40 minites
1 medium banana
½ cup oats
3.5 oz tofu
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 large avocado
2 tsp chia seeds
2 soaked walnuts
1 cup soy milk
1. Gather all the ingredients wash and cut them into pieces.
2. Soak walnuts for 30 minutes so that they become soft.
3.Take all the ingredients you cut into pieces and put them in the blender along with the walnuts. Mix until you get a smooth texture.
Soy Milk 131cal
Tofu 76 cal
Oats 150 cal
Bananas 105 cal
Walnuts 48 cal
Avocado 321 cal
Chia seeds 40 cal
Peanut butter 191 cal
1000 Calorie Chocolate Shake Recipe
Hello, chocolate lovers! Just because we are talking about gaining calories doesn’t mean that it has to be all about fruits and nuts. This popular 1000-calorie shake recipe made from chocolate is absolutely creamy and delicious and, not to forget, highly tempting too.
Unfortunately, people in your society are obsessed with finding new ways to lose weight. But some need to work toward putting on a few pounds either for health reasons or physical activities like bodybuilding which can be achieved by drinking this shake.
I know you are under the impression that we are bluffing about a chocolate shake being healthy, but you can have my work, as the recipe includes ingredients filled with various nutrients. Keep reading to find out more about this mouth-watering drink.
Benefits Of Drinking 1000 Calorie Chocolate Shake
1. The shake contains high levels of protein and calories; hence it is an excellent way to restore energy after working out. Or you can even carry it with you for breakfast and drink it at work to boost yourself up for the day.
2. Trying to consume calories only by eating healthy foods can be both expensive and time-consuming if you are not familiar with different recipes like me. Hence when I need to increase my calorie intake, this chocolate shake is what I drink.
3. There is no artificial sugar used in the shake. Dates and other fruits are used to make it sweet.
Ingredients For The 1000 Calorie Chocolate Shake
1.Cocoa powder is a must since it’s a chocolate shake; cocoa powder is obviously an essential ingredient that is needed to give the drink a dark chocolate flavor.
2. Frozen banana adds sweetness and also gives the shake a thick creamy texture.
3. Full-fat coconut milk is used as a liquid base for the shake as it is high in calories and has a rich and creamy texture.
4. Frozen strawberries make the shake more nutritious by contributing folate and vitamin C, and not to mention giving the drink a sweet taste too.
5. Dates are healthy dried fruit that can be added to the shake as a natural sweetener.
6. Sugar-free protein powder packs can be used in the shake to add extra calories and proteins without any sweetness.
7. Nut butter such as peanut butter, almond butter, or any other can be used in your chocolate shake to give it that extra flavor.
8. Spinach is a mild-flavored leafy vegetable that can be added to your smoothie to increase the level of nutrition.
1000 Calorie Chocolate Shake Recipe Steps
Step 1: In a high-speed blender, start by adding the coconut milk, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
Step 2: Blend till you get a smooth shake without any lumps or unblended ingredients.
Step 3: Pour your shake and enjoy the chocolate treat!
Weight Gain Chocolate Shake
Total Time: 12 minutes
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (you can use up to 2–3 tablespoons for extra chocolate flavor)
1 tablespoon peanut butter (or your choice of nut or seed butter)
1 frozen banana broken into chunks
2 pitted dates
2 scoops of unsweetened protein powder
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 handful of baby spinach
1.Combine the coconut milk, cocoa powder, banana, protein powder, strawberries, spinach, peanut butter, and dates in a high-speed blender.
2. Blend all the ingredients for 30 seconds.
3. Serve immediately.
1.Try to use fresh fruit instead of frozen ones to make the shake more healthy.
2. If you want to change the flavor and make it a vanilla shake, simply omit the cocoa powder and add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
3. For those of you who are planning to make the shake in a regular blender rather than high-speed speed, one must make sure that all the ingredients are being blended together properly. This can be done by stopping the blender and scraping down the ingredients that are left on the sides.
High-Calorie Weight Gain Shake Recipe (1000 Calories)
If you need to add a few pounds to your body just for the sake of it or need to gain weight to recover from an illness, check out our popular 1000-calorie weight gain shake recipe, which will help you bulk up within no time.
What Ingredients Can You Use In Your Shake To Help You Gain Weight?
It is pretty natural for you not to have knowledge regarding which ingredients contain higher calories. And that’s why we have put together a list of some of the elements that you could easily add to your shake that will help you to put on weight:
1. Full-fat yogurt
2. Protein powder
3. Whole milk
4. Almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, and other nut butter that you prefer.
5. Flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds.
6. Raisins, apricots, figs dates
7. Nuts that could include: walnuts, peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc.
10. Honey/ Maple syrup
Although there are many more ingredients that you can add to your shake to increase calories, the ones we mentioned are convenient to find and most probably in your fridge or kitchen at the moment.
Ingredients Needed For 1000-calorie Weight Gain Shake Recipe
3. Chia Seeds
5. Protein powder
6. Cocoa powder
7. Peanut butter
Gather all the ingredients and mix them in a blender until you get a smooth consistency.
1000 Calorie Weight Gain Shake Recipe
Preparation Time: 3 mins
Cooking time: 2 mins
Calories: 1003 kcal
1 tablespoon oats
1 large ripe banana
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
250ml whole milk
35 grams of protein powder
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix together until you get a smooth texture.
It is recommended to consume the shake right away instead of storing it.
Calories: 1003 kcal
1000 Calorie Oat Shake Recipe
This shake is a great way to make a head start on the day before anyone else. Since oats are filling hence drinking the shake will die down your hunger for a few hours
And yes, as well as keeping your stomach full, the drink will help you to gain some extra calories since it is filled with protein, minerals, vitamins, monounsaturated fats, and carbohydrates.
Oat Shake Ingredients
1.Oats-you can use oats of your choice, but for this recipe, I prefer rolled oats.
2. Honey- use a small amount of honey to add a hint of sweetness to your shake.
3. Milk- Depending on the number of calories, you can choose the type of milk you want to use. Whole cream milk has many calories, whereas almond milk has fewer calories. And if you are a vegetarian, you have the option to use plant-based milk.
4. Olive oil- believe it, or not olive oil is nutritious and filled with calories, too, just precisely what you need for your shake.
5. Peach- pitting peach in your shake is optional, but I use to to add fiber to my drink.
6. Berries- just take a handful of your favorite berry, which could be: raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, or blueberries.
7. Banana- frozen bananas will add a thick and creamy texture to your shake.
8. Peanut butter is a ingredient that can be used in your shake for that extra nutty flavor.
9. Cinnamon – if you are suffering from a cold by any chance, add cinnamon powder to your shake, as the ingredient is anti-inflammatory, which will help you to recover quickly.
10. Fresh ginger – ginger has many health benefits that include reducing the risk of cancer and heart diseases. Along with that, it also helps digestion.
1.Combine milk and oats in a blender together. Then allow it to sit for 10 minutes while you put together the rest of the ingredients.
2. Now, I will let you in on my homemade peanut butter recipe, which I use for this shake. It’s relatively simple. All you have to do is take 50g of peanuts and put it in a food processor or grinder and mix it until the nuts turn into smooth textured butter.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients inside the blender that, include cinnamon, honey, fruits, peanut butter, fresh ginger, olive oil, and fruits. Along with the blended oats and your homemade peanut butter.
4. Now blend all the ingredients until you get a smooth texture.
Substitute Ingredients To Make A Vegan Shake
1.Use maple syrup or any sweet fruit as a substitute for honey for your shake.
2. Avoid using cow milk and go for almond or soy milk, which is a wiser option for vegetarians.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
1 medium banana
Handful of berries
50g peanut butter
20g fresh ginger
1 tablespoon olive oil
1.Add oats to a blender and pour the milk in. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth
If the oat shake has a thick consistency, then use more milk or water to thin it.
Nutrition And Ingredient-based Facts
1.Protein comes from peanut butter oats and milk used in the shake.
2. Vitamin C and K can be derived from strawberries and blueberries that are added to your shake.
3 Ginger gives your shake a unique taste and also helps to digest quickly.
4. To reduce the calories in your shake, you can simply half the number of ingredients you use. Or you can always avoid using ingredients like peanut butter, as 50g has 294 calories, and one tablespoon of olive oil contains 119 calories. Another way to reduce calories is to substitute alone milk for cow milk.
Ingredients That You Can Use For Your Shake To Increase Calories.
Just in case you are wondering how you can increase the number of calories for your sake, we have made a list of a few ingredients that you can use for your drink.
1.Fruits include mangoes, avocados and berries, cheeses, guava, kiwi, orange, and apricot.
2. Plant-based milk
3. Nuts or nut butter such as peanuts, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts, and pistachios.
4. Greek yogurt
5. Egg whites
6. Whole grains such as oats and millet can be used to add protein, carbohydrates, and fiber to your shake.
7. Silken tofu
8. Cheese or cow milk for non-vegans
9. Seeds that include pumpkin, flax, chia, hemp, and sunflower will add protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and not to mention calories to your drink.
10. Vegetables include cucumber, carrot, spinach, kale, cucumber, parsley, sweet potatoes, and peas.
What healthy ingredients can you put in your shake for weight gain?
Oats, chia seed, nut butter, sweet potatoes, unsweetened protein powder, hemp seed, bananas, avocados, coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut flakes, flaxseed, unsweetened yogurt, and dates will add calories to your shake; make it taste extra delicious and help you gain weight.
Why would someone want to gain weight?
Believe it or not, instead of losing weight, there are some who want to gain a few pounds either because they are recovering from a health condition or undergoing medical treatment that requires them to be healthy. There are some bodybuilders that need a high amount of calories on a daily basis to help them maintain their physique.
Can weight easily be gained by drinking high-calorie shakes?
Yes, if you use ingredients that have calories in them for your shake, then you can quickly gain weight by drinking it on a regular basis. Other than that, it’s a good idea to add calories to your meals which you will be eating throughout the whole day, to maintain a high-calorie intake.
Can chocolate shakes help me to lose weight?
Yes, you can lose weight by drinking this shake but make sure to use almond milk instead of coconualsolk. And also, avoid or reduce the quantity of peanut butter when making the shake. It is advised to drink it all on the same day or refrigerate the rest the following day.
Is it possible to gain weight without protein powder?
Yes, it is possible to gain weight without protein powder.
As you can use natural ingredients that contain high levels of protein to add to your shake as a substitute for protein powder.
We sincerely hope that our 5 popular 1000-calorie shake recipes are of some help to you. The shakes can help you gain weight and make you feel energized at the same time.
Fruits, nuts, vegetables, and dairy products are all nutritious. You just have to select the right ingredient to add to your shake to add more calories to it.
Although most of the recipes include protein powder, as you can see, we have added one shake recipe that can be done using ingredients that have protein hence omitting the need to include protein powder in the shake.